McKinney-Vento School Selection Rights
April 9 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Description: In this interactive NCHE webinar, presenters will review important changes related to school selection for homeless children and youth under the McKinney-Vento Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Presenters will cover:
- McKinney-Vento basics and context
- The McKinney-Vento Act’s definition of school of origin
- McKinney-Vento provisions related to determining the best interest of a student in terms of school selection (local school or school of origin)
- The provision of school-of-origin transportation to currently homeless students and formerly homeless students who have become permanently housed
- McKinney-Vento provisions related to dispute resolution, including disputes about school enrollment and selection
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through polls and Q&A/discussion periods.
Handouts: You may download webinar handouts at https://nche.ed.gov/mckinney-vento-school-selection-rights/.
Presenters: NCHE Staff
Please adjust for your timezone.